We’ve talked about the health benefits of pumpkin, now can we talk about how versatile and delicious it is? There are so many great recipe options that incorporate pumpkin and this is one of my favorites for breakfast! These pumpkin chocolate chip cookie overnight oats are not only packed full of nutrients, they are packed full of flavor! Make these a day ahead of time and enjoy for breakfast the next morning!
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons dark Optional: 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
- In a small bowl, combine the almond butter, vanilla extract, and honey or maple syrup. Microwave for 10 seconds and then stir until well combined.
- Add in the pumpkin, milk, and oats.
- Stir well and make sure the almond butter is mashed in thoroughly.
- Add in the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. (Add in protein if desired) Again stir well and then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture into a small jar or sealed container.
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour or until oats are completely softened (preferably overnight)
- Warm them up in morning or eat them cold straight out the fridge garnished with a few extra chocolate chips if desired.
Watch below to learn how to make this recipe!