Is anything more fall-like than a pumpkin? These famously orange winter squashes are chock-full of vitamin A and deliver 3 grams of fiber per ½-cup serving, plus potassium. If you’re looking to start your morning off right or fuel up for a workout, this Pumpkin Pie Protein Shake should do the trick. With 19 grams of protein and all of the great health benefits of pumpkin, you’ll start your day or your workout off right with this tasty drink.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or milk of choice
- 1 frozen banana (cut up in coins and frozen)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp. vanilla protein powder
- 1 (6 ounce) Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice
- Combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Optionally garnish with graham cracker crumbs and enjoy immediately.
Watch the video to see how to make the shake!