Are you ready to heat up the grill this July? Try something new this year that will impress your backyard BBQ guests! Kebabs are a delicious way to fill half your plate with fruits and vegetables. Check out this great spin on turkey kebabs with grilled fruit. Want to learn more about grilling turkey? Check out the pointers from Today’s Turkey.
Grilled Turkey & Summer Fruit Kebabs with Blood Orange Vinaigrette
Yield: 1 Serving
3 Pieces each 1 ½” x 1 ½ ” Skewer of watermelon & pineapple; lightly seasoned with sea salt & pepper
3 Pieces 1 ½” x 1 ½ ” Skewer of fresh turkey breast; lightly seasoned with sea salt & pepper
As needed Olive Oil Cooking Spray
¼ Cup Dry Couscous; prepared according to package directions
4 Segments Blood orange
Blood Orange Vinaigrette
3/4 Cup Blood orange juice
Zest of one Blood orange
1 Tablespoon White balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons Lemon juice, fresh
1 Each Shallot, minced
1 Tablespoon Mint, chopped
1 Tablespoon Basil, chopped
2 Tablespoons Honey
½ Teaspoon Black pepper, fresh ground
¾ Cup Olive oil
- Assemble fruit skewer. Lightly season and set aside.
- Assemble turkey skewer, lightly season and spray with olive oil.
- Flash grill the watermelon skewer over a clean, lightly oiled, hot grill. Remove and set aside.
- Grill turkey skewer over medium high heat. Rotate to heat each side. Cook to 165ºF, approximately 15 – 20 minutes.
- Arrange prepared couscous on serving plate
- Top with both skewers
- Add blood orange garnish and drizzle with Blood Orange Vinaigrette